OpenKM effortlessly captures unstructured information from any digital source. All collected data is stored, viewed, and used in a single workspace. It allows users to browse, enrich, and edit information gathered from various sources from within an available application.
Any application can be integrated with OpenKM through our API, with OpenKM acting as the producer or consumer of information.
Teams can enrich shared documents by holding text discussions, editing any file type, and attaching all supporting materials to a final report.
- Web Client: You can access the documentation from anywhere; no client software installation is required.
- Fast and friendly user interface using AJAX.
- Works with the most popular browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, and Chrome.
- Translated into German, Arabic, Catalan, Bosnian, Chinese Simple, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Euskera, Dutch, English, Farsi, French, Galician, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
- Preview multimedia files.
- Web Administration.
- Drag & drop (files or documents) from the desktop.
- Support for iPhone & Android
- Collecting email from an IMAP and Pop3.
- Configuring User’s Account.
- Imports text, HTML, and attachments.
- Metadata capture.
- Automatically imports and sorts filter.
- Sync with Google Contacts.
- Import EML and MSG.
1D / Linear Barcodes
- Code 39.
- Code 93.
- Code 128.
- EAN-8 and EAN-13.
- UPC-A and UPC-E.
- RSS Expanded.
- Extensible to other formats.
2D / Matrix Barcodes
- Data Matrix.
- PDF 417.
- QR Code.
- Extensible to other formats.
Microsoft Office Add-in
- MS Add-in support from 2000 and up.
- MS Outlook Add-in.
- MS Word Add-in.
- MS Excel Add-in.
- MS PowerPoint Add-in.
- MS Visio Add-in.
- MS Access Add-in.
- MS Project Add-in.
- Scans and secures the storage of all paper documents.
- Unlimited OCR.
- Reads binary, grayscale, or color images
- Text extraction supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Dutch.
- Data searching in TIFF.
- Integrable with most Open Source and Commercial OCR engines.
- Virus-scanning of all uploaded documents.
- Sync desktop with folders in OpenKM.
- Import folders from the desktop.
- Invoice extracting in XML format.
- Invoice validation by digital signature.
- E-invoice in PDF format.
- Ability to send notifications.
Digital Signature Client
- Digitally sign electronic documents.
- Capture images from scanners.
- Convert to PDF (optional).
- Upload to OpenKM setting metadata values.
- Add and delete images in PDF format.
- Compression to PDF Group 4.
- Split selected pages into separate PDF files.
- Rotate selected pages.
- Extract pages to create new files while leaving the original unchanged.
- Remove selected pages.
By enabling sharing and information collaboration through shared folders, threaded discussions, and e-mail, OpenKM allows enterprise users to efficiently distribute the information needed to solve problems and make decisions.
Furthermore, OpenKM’s search agents (custom channels for each user) deliver quality content that enable each user to develop his or her work.
- Bulk upload of documents using ZIP files.
- Download folders as ZIP files.
- Lock / Unlock documents.
- Manage Favorites.
- Select the default startup folder.
- Support for document templates.
- Personal documents for each user.
- Recycle Bin for each user.
- Ability to send e-mail notifications.
- URL for Documents sent via e-mail.
- Send documents as an email attachment.
- Add notes onto documents.
- Messaging (share queries / subscriptions / send messages to users).
- Chat Service.
- Extraction of metadata from documents.
- Unique document identifier.
- User Tags.
- Tags in the thesaurus.
- Tag Cloud.
- Relations between documents, folders, and emails.
- Document generation with the wizard. (Forms and documents together with a final report are generated with their values).
- Capacity to add Watermarks on documents (text or image).
- Programmable automatic cataloging.
- Intelligent extraction of keywords.
- Operation with multiple files.
- Text to speech converter.
- Expiration of documents.
- Live edit.
- Create complex workflows.
- Capacity to create Workflows for review, approval, and validation.
- Serial and parallel workflows.
- Assign tasks to groups or users.
- Monitor workflow tasks, status, and process from the dashboard.
- Configurable e-mail messages notification.
- Automatically execute workflows based on a folder or folder type.
- MS Office family.
- Open Office family.
- Sound and video.
- Based on the check-in / check-out model.
- Add comments to versions.
- Documents previous versions access.
- Restore previous versions of the document.
- Allows history compaction to free up space.
- You can add your groups to the system properties (metadata).
- OKM supports various formats: inputs, dates, links, simple lists, multiple selection lists, text areas.
- Internationalization of metadata values.
- Sort the position of how metadata appears in the user interface.
- User view (document edited, locked, unloaded, signed, last modified, last uploaded).
- Overview (documents most viewed/modified, the last week/month last uploaded, last modified).
- New agent user search.
- View workflow.
- View e-mail and attachments.
- Cloud document search and navigation.
- RSS Feed.
- OpenMeetings integration.
- Create tasks.
- Assign and control complete tasks.
- Manage status and projects related to tasks.
- Configurable mail message notifications.
- Create tasks.
- Move or change task duration.
- Moth, week, and daily view.
OpenKM allows the user to turn information into valuable intellectual capital and actionable assets for the enterprise. It helps organizations fully realize the potential of corporate knowledge much faster.
The system also includes administration tools to define the roles of various users. Access control, user quota, document security level, detailed activity logs, and workflow management are just some of the available features. OpenKM improves personal productivity by mapping the users’ everyday work processes, helping deliver high adoption rates.
- Searches for documents by content, keyword, date modified, author, and document type. Automatically indexes uploaded document formats: Text, HTML, RTF, XML, PDF, OpenOffice.org, MS Office, MS Office 2007, EXIF JPEG, MP3 ID3.
- Search by synonyms.
- Searches ordered by relevance.
- Search using metadata group properties.
- Allows storing queries.
- Advanced searches using XPath and SQL
- Users news.
- Hierarchical directory structure-based search.
- Select the search objects, folders, emails, documents, or records.
- Allows using tags to find documents.
- Allows use metadata to locate documents.
- Simple and advanced search.
- Allows results sorting according to various criteria.
- Download Options or go to the location of a document from the results view.
- Stemming, stop words, and synonyms.
- News services.
- Full user audit (trace log). All user operations are recorded and stored in a database.
- Show logged users.
- Unlock and remove documents published.
- View the repository.
- Advance searches using XPATH and SQL.
- Comprehensive activity log.
- Imports documents and folders from the file system.
- Export the repository file system.
- Workflows management.
- Reports (jasper).
- Thesaurus imports (OR RDF OWL formats).
- View configuration settings.
- User quota.
- User profiles. (Functions for which a user can access).
- Task Scheduler (scheduler).
- Smart Tasks.
- View documents in the structure of the thesaurus.
- Automatic extraction of keywords.
- SKOS based training module and documents.
- Plug-in for JAAS based authentication.
- Support for LDAP, Active Directory, DBMS (via a configuration file). By default, OpenKM comes with an embedded database.
- List of granular access control.
- Flexibility in the selection of inheritance of list control access.
- Management of users and roles securities.
- Permissions on folders and documents.
- Record of every user operation.
- Support for SSL communications.
- Cryptography (encrypts and decrypts documents).
- Electronic signature.
- Abby Flexicapture.
- Cognitive forms.
- 2D barcode reader.
- Active Directory.
- SSO, CAS (authentication).
- Canon IW DS.
- Third-party application using web services.
- Third-party application using CMIS.
- Third-party application using Rest.
- Automatic synchronization to Windows, and Linux desktops.
- SDK for Java, .NET and PHP.
- Ms Office Add-in.